Sooooo here is my post about my goals for 2019. But to understand the goals of 2019 we first need to look at my goals of 2018:
My goals for 2018:
- Receive €200,- in dividends: My total endscore is no less then €345,25. Its safe to say that I really crushed this one 🙂 Succes!
- Increase dividend portfolio to €10.000: After a constructive discussion with my wife we decided to up my monthly contribution to €500. We ended the year including capital gains around €16.500,- Succes!
- Increase forward income to $450: With my increased capital deployment (including extra birthday buys, tax recoup buys, etc) I was able to make huge progress in this department. Currently my forward income sits at €592,- (post tax and in EUROS!) Succes!
- Write a blog post once a week: I posted a total of 31 messages, especially since my second child was born, free time dropped significantly. Fail!
- Spend less time with my phone: I started of the year great with a very nice focus, gradually during the year I started slipping back into old habits. So’m giving myself a fail for this one. Fail!
- Spend more time with my family: Even though I failed the previous goal I really focused more on family time this year. Multiple visits to our families out house and family-in-law. Succes!
- Read 12 self-improvement books: I really did my best on this one, I read the following books (if you’re interested in one, drop me a mail and I’ll gladly give you my view on it.
- Simon Sinek – Start with Why
- Simon Sinek – Leaders eat last
- Seth Godin – Tribes
- L. David Marquet – Turn the ship around
- The Idea-Driven Organization
- I’m pretty sure I read a few others but can’t remember them at this time.
- Exercise 2-3 times a week: All the way up to the birth of my second daughter everything went fine. After that…not so much. Still all things considered it still a pass. Succes!
All in all I think I had a pretty good year!
And now for my new and improved goals for this year.
My new goals for 2019:
- Receive €
550650,- in dividends: Self-explanatory, I need to step up my game with quality buys to attain this goal. In the previous year my total amount was €345,25,-
- Increase dividend portfolio to €28.500: Current portfolio worth is about 18k so that means I need to add at least €10.000 of fresh capital. With my new pay upgrade thanks to working my ass of at the office I’m upping my monthly contribution to €600. Which means I need to find another €3300 of additional capital. Ofcourse I’m reinvesting all my dividends so its actually somewhat less.
- Increase forward income to €1000: My current forward income stands at €604. This means I have go invest at least €10.000 at 4% yield. Let’s hope for some major dividend increases to help me out here.
- Write a healthy amout of 40 blogposts: Less the the previous year, my life is just way to busy at the moment.
- Spend less time with my phone: Aiming for a 30 minutes max per day.
- Spend more time with my family: My family matters, in fact they are the main reason why I do what I do and work hard towards financial independence.
- Read 12 self-improvement books: I need to constantly work on myself to improve myself. This means reading a lot (next to relaxing lecture) about ways to improve myself either personally or professionally.
- Exercise 2-3 times a week: Next to keeping my mind sharp I need to keep my body healthy as well. Regular exercise, eating healthy and getting enough sleep are all part of this goal.
So here we are, my third set of goals since starting this blog. I really believe in the power of goal setting, so this will be my guide for the coming year.